Today was the day that I wanted to come, but wanted to go away also. I met with my Consultant to get the results of my scan and treatment plan. Despite being Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma, the good news was that my scan showed that only the lymph nodes in my neck and chest on the left were affected. This was significant in being above the diaphragm and therefore at an earlier stage to treat. That was when I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
"This is curable and we have every intention to cure you through the treatment" were the words that I will remember forever.
The words from Mark's Gospel Chapter 5 I had been given a few weeks ago also resounded;
"Daughter, your faith has healed you, go in peace and be freed from your suffering"
So next Tuesday I start my chemotherapy in two week cycles for twelve weeks.
I will go in as an out-patient on every other Tuesday with some daily drugs needed at home.
My hair will fall out after two weeks, so the wig party is essential now.
I visited the Big C Centre afterwards and found out about all sorts of things I can access;
A well-being workshop to go through skin care and make-up with freebies; I've always loved a bargain!
Reflexology or light massage sessions for 6 weeks for me and a carer; all interested parties can be entered into a ballot!
Counseling sessions for me and a carer (separately thank goodness!); Ok, maybe not quite so many queuing for this one, but I'm sure it will be beneficial for the one that does sign up with me.
Scarf tying workshops; a new skill to be learnt to add to my CV,
Tea and coffee and a listening ear for anytime needed when I am around the hospital,
Relaxation classes run by an Occupational Therapist,
So all in all I will have a pretty full schedule, and most of all, time for me.
So with designer sunglasses at the ready, a stylish hairdo and a makeover, watch out for a new woman that you may not recognize; the best is yet to come.
Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-
Who forgives your sins and heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
Who satisfies your desires with good things
So that your youth is renewed like the eagles'
Psalm 103: 1-5
No comments:
Post a Comment