Thursday, 16 August 2012

Today I feel slightly nearer normal; whatever normal is now!
Had some lovely visits from friends bearing food gifts,at this rate I'm never going to have to cook again!

Phone call from the Macmillan Welfare Team informed me that I am entitled to a grant from them to cover the cost of my Insuflon catheters and a contribution to increased home energy costs totalling £250. I was delighted to hear this news as any help towards my finances makes such a difference. I was also advised to contact the CSP Benevolent Fund due to my circumstances, who were very helpful and sending forms through to fill in.
When I trusted God with my finances as well as my health I never expected help to come in such a wonderful way. My faith is being increased daily through God meeting ALL my needs in unexpected ways.
I didn't even know these funds existed before I was ill.

I met with my boss to discuss my sick leave and that I would not return to work before I had completed all my treatment. This means that it will not be before the beginning of November at the earliest, but I'm relieved having made the decision that I can focus completely on rest and recovery.
I do need to keep up with the workplace goss, so have suggested that when I am in for my chemotherapy that I have a visitor bearing a Skinny Latte from our regular coffee post! The coffee in the Colney Centre is not quite up to the West side of the hospital's coffee.That way I will not miss out on good coffee or the latest news.

Finally a word of wisdom from my book received through the post yesterday:

JUST FOR TODAY
This day will only come once. Challenge yourself by saying,"Just for today I will enjoy each moment to the fullest, and try not to tackle all life's problems at once. Just for today I will try to enjoy every one of God's blessings.
Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment