Day 2, Cycle 2
Sorry, but I was unable to post my blog last night but my hospital visit went very well. I was finished by 11.00am, before the physio department had the chance to delivery my Skinny Latte as requested! So I had to go over to the department to get it myself; poor service! It was good to catch up with some of my colleagues and sit in the office without having to do a stroke of work!
First class care on arriving home with car intact, a perfectly soft boiled egg for lunch and back to back West Wing all afternoon with a nap in the middle.
I had no sickness this time due to taking Domperinon (not the champagne variety sadly) prior to eating lunch and tea. The real Domperinon will be ordered in Magnum size when I complete my treatment!
Evening visit from sister Norman checked that my progress was going to plan and that I was taking all my meds correctly! A Brain Games Mind Challenge book form her will also ensure that my brain remains active too. It was useful at 1.30am too when I couldn't sleep.
New mattress arrives today so I'm hoping things will improve in the sleep stakes.
Today I am feeling so much better than I did after my first treatment. I have pottered around the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher and made even some breakfast. Next job is washing to go on the line which I feel up to doing too. I really hope this is a change in the fatigue element as my muscles may stand a chance of not going to jelly completely if I can be more active.
Few hairs starting to come out so this could be the beginning of the next trauma but I have been given some beautiful headscarves from a lady who has just finished her chemo at church. I dont know her, so a lovely gesture to think of me by passing these on. I'm all prepared for a "new look" which I will enjoy experimenting with over the next few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment