My hair and me have departed company for a while.
I woke feeling good today and ready for the task that lay ahead.
My dear friend and neighbour from Thorpe came round and teased and cut my remaining hair leaving a small amount of patchy fluff. We started to the dulcet tones of Katharine Jenkins but when she started singing "Walk on" we decided that a lighter atmosphere was needed and from somewhere unknown a Wombles CD was discovered. Uncle Tobermory will always be fondly remembered now for the day we filled a Sainsburys carrier bag full of my hair.
I was doing fine until it was time to look in the mirror; I did shed some tears then as my head looked alien and empty. My wig was then trimmed to my head and all felt more normal. I even managed to go out into Norwich with it on to pay some money in at the bank and have a well-earned lunch to cheer me up. By the end of the afternoon we began to make friends, although it was put aside in preference for a cap and scarf when I arrived home. Three hours not bad for starters I guess?
A sign that the treatment must be working no less, to kill off all the cancer cells and cleanse my body with new life. Praise God that he cleanses my soul too. I shall be a completely new woman inside and out by the end of this unknown territory. A journey to leave behind all that was diseased and broken to reach a new place.
Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary
No comments:
Post a Comment