Monday, 20 August 2012

Last good day before cycle 2 starts.
The carer rota has changed so I now have eldest daughter back from Oxford in charge of household as chief cook and bottle washer. She has also been added to my car insurance to be my chauffeur as well. But will she rise to the challenge of daughter no.2 having my morning cup of tea in bed together? If it also involves working our way through 24 and West Wing DVD's I think the answer may be yes! This could be an advance on Jeremy Kyle in the mornings until the Paralympics starts.

Another lovely day with a special man who took me to Last Brasserie for brunch seated outside in the morning sunshine; we could have been in Italy rather than the Unthank Road! A souffle omlette with smoked haddock in a bechamel sauce; how decadent !
This was followed by a visit to a local furniture store to explore the possibility of buying a new mattress. The one I have is a bog standard one which came with the bed when I bought the house (and showroom contents) I'm convinced it has contributed to my sleepless nights, which was confirmed after trying a few out. I did suggest to the floor manager that to try it out properly I really needed to lay all afternoon on it and he even agreed! However I decided that the snoring could be way too embarrassing if I did nod off.
The conclusion being that it was an investment I had to make in order to stay sane and get some sleep!
Best of all, it is being delivered on Wednesday so only a short wait too. With a cashmere top, I'm hoping that this combined with a new pillow will at least improve my sleep cycle.

Evening visit from personal nurse ensured that I take the right pre-med tablets in the morning before going to the hospital and drug chart printed out ready for my daily cocktail  minus alcoho l:(
At least I know that by the end of the next two weeks I will be feeling better than the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment