Sunday, 12 August 2012

Sleep prayer answered; Hallelujah!
Well I slept from about 10.30pm to 5.30am when a bottle of Smoothie decided to explode in my mini-fridge.
I must have been in a deep sleep as I got up and went to the toilet before realising what had happened.
Did an emergency mop up job for the floor, but had to leave the major clean up til later.
However my daughter and her boyfriend did an amazing job on cleaning the fridge out completely and the carpet to get it back to cream again instead of orange!

I also became famous today as my special auntie sent in a request to the  Radio 2 Aled Jones to mention me starting my treatment and having a candle lit for me. As it was aired at 6.45am but as I did go back to sleep I had to listen to it later on the Iplayer using dad's newly acquired Ipad skills.
That was followed by mum's wonderful roast lamb dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed; such a relief after how bad I felt yesterday.

I have had my first injection tonight to stimulate my bone marrow to make fresh blood cells, that should allow the chemo to continue as planned by keeping my blood count up. My personal nursing sister inserted a small cannula to sit just under the skin which will save me having to inject a needle into my stomach each day.
This is not yet available through the NHS clinic but has been agreed to by my Consultant and being explored as a service improvement for adults. It is currently used only with children , so I am being a guinea pig for the Lymphoma Clinic!

Now watching the Closing Ceremony for the Olympics which has been a fantastic distraction over the last two weeks. I will look forward to enjoying the Paralympics as much, even if I cant get there.
Think the London Olympics may have been planned just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment