Great news from my check-up appointment at the hospital today; all my blood levels are normal and I have had no side-effects to the treatment.
Although still extremely fatigued most of the time, my body is coping well with the onslaught and resting is obviously paying off.
I went to a Relaxation Session in the Big C Centre after my appointment which was a wonderful oppertunity to completely relax and hopefully improve my sleep pattern.
I have decided that due to the intensity of the treatment regime I am not going to attempt to work during my treatment programme but allow my body the time to rest and recover.
Initially I had thought I would want to work to take my mind off what is going on, but I am content to be at home with the wonderful support network that I have being around as I need them for company, coffee, chats and a bit of fun hopefully too.
I have been told about at Charity called Star Throwers which is based in Wymondham who provide support to cancer patients in areas that the NHS perhaps don't have the time or resources for. It is run by a doctor who was an Oncologist and offers nutritional support amongst many other things, which is something I want to explore. My immune system must be so weakened by the disease and subsequent drug treatment, that it can only be a good thing to consider.
They also offer sessions of massage and reflexology once you have had a consultation with the doctor.
So my appointment is booked for a couple of weeks time and will be an interesting local resource to experience.
I love the logo at the top of their website:
After a heavy storm, a boy walked along the beach throwing the stranded starfish back into the sea.
A man watching shouted "there are too many of them - it won’t make any difference."
As the boy threw another starfish back into the sea, he smiled and replied "it made a difference to that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment