Thursday, 27 September 2012

This has not been one of my best weeks.
Yesterday the fatigue hit hard  and I got very down with it, having the most tears to date. Sleepless nights again aren't helping either so had to resort to some GP medication.
Speaking to a friend who popped round who is also a GP, realised that I am probably at the hardest part now; not quite near enough to the end, but far enough in for my body to be feeling the biggest cumulative effect of treatment so far. After my fifth cycle and scan next week, at least the end will be truly in sight.
My body feels old and tired and when I look in the mirror without my wig, I look like an old mad professor and wonder if I will ever look "young" again! Having said that, I was complimented on my new hairdo in Waitrose by the mum of a child I treat who didn't know I was off sick or that I was wearing a wig! I did confess however, but it still made me feel better about myself and got off he self-pity bandwagon.

Thankfully today I felt good enough to go to the Yoga Class in Wymonham, but my muscles are tightening fast from lack of exercise, so stretches that are normally easy are becoming more difficult.

Talking of muscles,I was  treated to a late lunch out  with my special man, in an effort to cheer me up . A nice surprise was that mussels were on the menu; One bowl of mussels in creamy sauce and delicious bread later, I am feeling much more upbeat. Good food is definitely an important part of my journey as well as good people around me. Maybe the mussels will activate my muscles into working a bit more easily. I certainly look forward to starting a proper exercise regime as soon as possible before I turn into a total jellyfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment