Sunday, 16 September 2012

A lovely weekend of feeling good again, before cycle 4 starts on Tuesday.

I made it to the cinema on Saturday afternoon to see The Sweeney; not reliving my youth, but broadening my horizons! I not afraid to say that I was not disappointed, but gripped to the edge of my seat, even if it was a VIP one the reclining facility was lost on me at times! Followed by a drink in the Lamb Inn courtyard in the late afternoon sunshine. Then there was a little bit of energy left still for some retail therapy and my daughter persuaded me to buy a "onesy" for lounging around in at home. NO, I didn't know what one was either until she purchased her "cow" version. It is basically an adult sized fleecy romper suit, as Flo Nightgown kindly told the world on the Facebook picture that was published of me wearing it! I have a leopard version as I decided that the cow or the bear with a bear hood was really not me!

Today we ventured out to Wroxham, planning to go on a trip on the Paddle-Steamer from Horning as a special trip for cancer sufferers. A little bit of people watching from the car park revealed that the average age of travellers appeared to be around 75, with walking sticks or zimmer frames and no evidence of others like me sporting a fashionable headscarf in the throws of treatment. Maybe you qualified if you had had cancer in the last 20-30 years, who knows? We just decided that three hours on board may not be the best way to spend Sunday afternoon and went to Wroxham Barns instead! Sadly that coincided with a geriatric day trip out with a coachload of navy fleece clubbers and we still felt like the youngest around, apart from the kids with the goats!
However, all was not lost as I managed to buy a beautiful coloured glass dragonfly wind-chime to hang in front of my French doors in the lounge; that made me very happy!
To conclude the day, Downton Abbey began its new series and I managed to get my hardened Dallas man to become addicted to the series and not be able to leave for home until he had seen the whole episode; result!

Tomorrow brings the arrival of me best mad, foraging friend to look after me until Thursday. A great time to catch up together and who knows, even a little foraging or jam making may be on the agenda if energy levels permit. Not a force to be reckoned with, she will admit no visitors without a visitors pass, so be warned any spontaneous visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment