Difficult weekend; developed a cold sore infection around my nose which had the potential to spread rapidly and was not responding to the usual Acyclovir cream, therefore a visit to the out-of-hours GP was necessary on Saturday morning.
I was prescribed Acyclovir tablets which have had an immediate effect on the infection, but also antibiotics to prevent a secondary infection developing. The antibiotics have made me feel really rough, which is disappointing as this should be my better week ahead after chemo. However, I'm thankful it did not lead to a hospital admission.
My third subcutaneous catheter has been inserted by Sister for my five days of injections too .
It has been a quite week-end therefore, but with a few hours spent in Thetford Forest today for a shady picnic. We found a particularly beautiful spot in a walled garden which was full of butterflies and dragonflies and even a Robin to watch as we lay in the peaceful surroundings. On such a beautiful sunny day I was unable to do much, but the wildlife visited me instead; as if it knew!
I think it will be a quiet week ahead to get over this properly: Kindle at the ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment