My "old" friend of student days has just left and we have had four great days together,despite the grotty bits of hospitals, drips and drugs. The fatigue allowed us to have some quality time still, even including a trip to the local garden centre for lunch yesterday and a little browse.
Being Delia's no.2, she cooked up a wonderful tea for us all last night as well as other little treats along the way! I will miss her now though............she returns in two weeks for the next cycle!
She also discovered the Blog that I started in 2009 when I was writing poetry through some difficult times. One in particular has encouraged me by reading it again today.
The difficulties have changed, but the message remains the same, so I will share it on this Blog.
I wrote it while in Tenerife with my friend, her daughter and my youngest daughter in 2009 as I was looking at the volcanic outline against the skyline when a rainbow appeared.
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Volcanic matters
Forms a silhouette against the blue sky
Majestic, rugged, dark and oppressive
No life form settles on this barren land;
It is bleak, it is like a black giant,
Yet all around it lies an open, vast expanse
Of rippling water, an ever changing scene
Teeming with life and movement as the waves
Lap the shore gently,and soften the harshness
Of the rock: where the two meet, life prevails.
Molluscs cling and seaweed gathers adding
A new dimension to the lifeless form.
The eye is drawn from the black to the blue
Glistening, and as far as can be seen
there is beauty and life abundant, there is hope,
A new horizon gives endless oppertunity
Allows vitality to lead the day.
Beyond the surface of the deep lies treasure
In a land not yet explored, but waiting...
Have courage, do not fear, it is all there,
Step out of the boat, for you will not sink,
The waves will hold and protect your body
From harm against the hardness of the rock.
The current will pull you away from the shore
But even though the water gets rougher,
You will reach a place of calm and restoration.
Eventually...a new day beckons
as a rainbow appears, with its promise
You will never again be forsaken
Three years on from writing this, I have reached that place of calm and restoration and been through the waters getting rougher. And being reminded also today of Psalm 23; He has restored my soul
No comments:
Post a Comment