Thursday, 13 September 2012

My day started yesterday with a delivery of Thai fishcakes in a Peppa Pig lunch bag on my doorstep!
They were only 12 hours late, due to a misunderstanding of preparation time and failure to gain space in the shared kitchen to cook! A friend has made a special Delia effort to make me some lovely meals to save me cooking at times; Despite the minor delivery delay, I still really appreciate the efforts some people are going to, to make my life easier at the moment.

I had a GP appointment which meant that I don't have to take the rest of my antibiotics, thank goodness. Four 500mg per day with five Acyclovir tablets was making me feel like a medicine chest amongst other things. The infection has cleared completely so four drug-free days ahead!
I also managed to get Corsodyl mouthwash on repeat prescription, which is necessary to keep mouth ulcers and infections at bay. At £5 a bottle it doesn't come cheap, so another money saver that will help the budget.

Following my appointment, a friend who I have not seen properly for at least 10 years visited and we had a coffee out together to catch up on the missed years. It was one of those times when you just pick up where you left off before and lovely to make contact again. The children who were in primary school then are now at university and all grown up! Don't think we have so much grown up as matured  in the last 10 years!
Another positive of this journey, to be reunited with friends that may not have happened otherwise.

The afternoon was spent with mum at our Relaxation Class at the Big C Centre, not quite as good as usual as someone different was leading it. As Team Groundforce have been a bit preoccupied recently, dad trimmed the hedged at the front of the house while we were there.
Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day with all the activity! It was nice to have a quiet evening of cuddles and TV, but managed to escape Dallas with a well-timed bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment