Sunday, 23 September 2012

Byfords at Holt featured twice this weekend! Some of you may be forgiven for thinking that this blog is more about food at times than a journey, but hey, you need fuel for the way and what better place to refuel than Byfords!

I spent a lovely day with a friend on Friday that led to a late lunch at Byfords together with my special man before spending the weekend in North Norfolk with him and his son. I developed my skills further on Saturday by helping lay out some track for a garden railway in  preparation for the building of this exciting project!! I hasten to add that I will not be building it, neither will I be the Fat Controller, but may enthuse occasionally over the little puffers to keep him happy! Especially if it means I get treated to brunch at Byfords where Eggs Florentine on Smoked Salmon is an especially delicious feast!

Today we ventured out for a late season trip on the Norfolk Broads, boarding the Southern Comfort Steamer at Horning and sailing to Ranworth Broad and back. This was the trip that we shied out of last week and the option of a shorter, less crowded journey today was definitely preferable. We just about avoided the rain and the hour and a half was long enough not to get too tired.

With daughter no.1 back from Florida, I am having a quiet moment before the house fills with chatter of young voices and a tea together to catch up on her exciting holiday. On the downside, it is the evening that the injections start again, so subcutaneous catheter insertion will feature at some point in the evening, but Downton Abbey to look forward to as the perfect end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment