Family together on Sunday for roast dinner before dad's operation today to replace his hip today.
Two patients in the family now, so there may be some recouping together, especially when we both need to start increasing our walking; Walks for Health could be important for both of us at the receiving end, instead of as a leader as dad has been until recently.
My best friend from Birmingham returns today to look after me through the week's chemotherapy, so looking forward to our time together again which helps the journey along. As much as I don't want to go again tomorrow, I know that it brings me one step nearer the end of chemo and should only have one left then.
I will add another poem today that I wrote several years ago, which reflects my feelings again now:

Does every cloud have a silver lining?
The songs tell you this is so .
Some days I see only greys merging
With obscured edges and no sign of a glow.
Nimbus, cumulus ,stratus, cirrus
Each cloud holds a picture within .
Look carefully, a story is hidden
But the storm clouds tell the greatest of all.
For the blackest cloud creates the greatest contrast
when outlined by the sun from behind.
The fringed piercing glow is at its brightest
Though the weather warning may be severe.
How amid such beauty
Lies a torrent just waiting to surge
And drench all that lies below
In a flood that can cause such despair?
Where is that cloud with the silver lining?
I saw it the other day,
But now I look again and see nothing
Except the oppressive grey
One moment blue, then grey, then black
These changes can take you by surprise
And leave you not knowing just what to expect
or what spectacle will come before your eyes.
Blue sky turns to grey too often
The rain seems perpetual at times.
But then it stops, the sun breaks through
Giving hope for a day that is dry.
When the sky is blue, the clouds so small
You really dont see them at all.
An element of nature missed
As we see only the dramatic storm.
Life is coloured by cloud formations
That can change from day to day,
Would we miss the silver linings,
If we only had Cirrus in May?
The songs tell you this is so .
Some days I see only greys merging
With obscured edges and no sign of a glow.
Nimbus, cumulus ,stratus, cirrus
Each cloud holds a picture within .
Look carefully, a story is hidden
But the storm clouds tell the greatest of all.
For the blackest cloud creates the greatest contrast
when outlined by the sun from behind.
The fringed piercing glow is at its brightest
Though the weather warning may be severe.
How amid such beauty
Lies a torrent just waiting to surge
And drench all that lies below
In a flood that can cause such despair?
Where is that cloud with the silver lining?
I saw it the other day,
But now I look again and see nothing
Except the oppressive grey
One moment blue, then grey, then black
These changes can take you by surprise
And leave you not knowing just what to expect
or what spectacle will come before your eyes.
Blue sky turns to grey too often
The rain seems perpetual at times.
But then it stops, the sun breaks through
Giving hope for a day that is dry.
When the sky is blue, the clouds so small
You really dont see them at all.
An element of nature missed
As we see only the dramatic storm.
Life is coloured by cloud formations
That can change from day to day,
Would we miss the silver linings,
If we only had Cirrus in May?
No comments:
Post a Comment