Friday, 5 October 2012

This week I feel as though I have hit a blind bend in my journey.

 Until the results of the scan are know, I don't know for sure what treatment lies ahead after the next Chemo session. Being of a structured personality, I can cope with things better when I know exactly what I have to deal with. Waiting until October 16th feels means that I have to be patient and trust God for the outcome being in His plan and the best for me; I'm finding this difficult at the moment.

On the positive side, I have had a lovely week with my special friend staying to look after me. She has done a grand job again, and we have been treated to culinary delights such as an Indian Vegetarian Curry evening, Delia's luxury fish pie, Wild Side jam sponge puddings and special time to chat and share our joys and woes!
Again I'm thankful for such special friends who are making my life much easier at the moment.

My dad in the meantime has made an excellent recovery from his Total Hip Replacement on Monday, came home on two sticks only yesterday. I will see him for the first time this afternoon as he has been in hospital in Bury St Edmunds which was too far for me to travel this week. We are all relieved that this went without any complications to stretch the family further but he now faces six weeks without driving which means mum will have to rely on buses and lifts to get out at all. Some joint convalescing may be in order on days when I can get over there to relieve mum for a while.

So my little project for the next week or so is to shake my Sloe Gin daily to dissolve the sugar, in preparation for creating home made Christmas gifts this year! I have lots of other ideas to keep me going on days when I feel up to being creative, so nobody will know who will get what.....no guessing either!

No comments:

Post a Comment