Birthday blessings!
What a way to spend the two days prior to my next chemo session. I arrived at my parents house yesterday for what I thought was a Birthday Sunday Roast with them when hidden in the conservatory unbeknown to me were aunties, cousins, daughters and Rosie dog!! I had absolutely no idea that it had all been planned carefully behind my back, with my cousin Tom at the helm I understand.
As I stepped into the conservatory I was greeted with hooters and cheers from my hidden guests.
My reaction........stunned.......overwhelmed.......tearful..........joyful all at the same time, unable to move or stop crying initially. And I didn't even have my best wig on!
The table was laid for a banquet instead of a roast, and champagne (or Prosecco) flowing...and it was all for me .I've never had a surprise like it before. I received some lovely cards and gifts, including a beautiful basket of fruit from one aunt who couldn't be there.
A Cup-Cake mountain had been created by my sister, making 48 delicious cakes; don't know why she made so many as there weren't 48 of us there! I nearly set my wig on fire blowing out all the candles too.
The afternoon was spent catching up with special family members with only a brief rest upstairs to recharge my batteries. I even lasted out until about 6.30pm when we came home tired but very, very happy.
This morning started just as well when my breakfast arrived in bed accompanied by two daughters, one having left for school at 7.20am when I would not have been ready to eat it. I then opened more presents and cards in bed with them.My sister arrived soon with more presents, despite my early Ipod gift in August then we headed off to Wroxham Barns, leaving daughter No. 1 for her job interview at Odeon Cinema; she did get the job, so the day was made even better as in employment again if only a stop-gap.
We had a lovely lunch there and a wander around, but saving some energy for my evening celebrations.
There was even time for a sleep at home and some friends dropping in before being treated to a meal out with my girls by my special man.
We arrived at the Kings Head to find our table, but there must have been another birthday celebration there as one table was full of helium balloons and had beautiful flowers on it. While deciding where to sit, I was then told that was our table with the balloons and flowers! He had arranged it all for me as another special surprise, but no hidden guests this time I'm pleased to say! We had an absolutely delicious meal with Stevie Wonder singing to me as a birthday cake was brought out.
So I have had two very special days with very special people who have made me feel very loved.
I think it was my best birthday ever.
I'm now ready to face tomorrow for my sixth chemo session. It may be my last, but there may be more yet. Either way, I am privileged to have people around me who will support me through whatever lies ahead
No comments:
Post a Comment