Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Fantastic news today!
What I had hardly dared to pray for; the results of my PET scan showed that the cancer is no longer active. The large mediastinal mass has shrunk from 9.5x5cm to 5x1cm after only four chemo sessions when I had the scan. The result is that NO MORE CHEMO IS NEEDED; What a birthday present that is!
I have to go in two weeks time for antibody treatment and two weeks after that, but no chemo.
This means that my radiotherapy should be able to start about 4 weeks from now.
I will need a consultation with my Radiography Consultant to find out more detail but all being well, I should have completed all of my treatment by Christmas.
There is also a lower risk from radiotherapy of damaging other tissue as the mass has shrunk so much, possibly further by the time I start therapy. A further scan will be needed to show how much more.

After two days of such enjoyment I was not keen to be returning to the hospital today, but did feel peaceful about getting the results rather than anxious. So thank you everyone who has supported me and prayed for me on my journey so far......God is good and hears our prayers.

Now resting on the sofa, feeling pretty rough but knowing that this is the last time I have to go through this already makes me feel better. My sister came with me today as we thought there might be a discussion about further treatment, but my Consultant was not available so the Registrar filled us in after prompting!
She is now cooking my tea, so again being well looked after and looking forward to my future when I can cook for other people again (amongst many other things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment