Over half-way now!
I have had 8 out of 15 radiotherapy sessions. Starting to feel a mild discomfort in my chest which I understand to be down to inflammation, however eating and drinking fine!
I am getting very tired again, especially in the late afternoon and evening, but am able to do much more generally. My walks may not happen as often as I'd hoped as my legs seem to tire very easily still if I am tired overall.
I met with my "favourite" consultant again today who seemed to have a bit more of an approachable manner today. We discussed how the effects of the radiotherapy continue to work for quite a long time after it finishes. This means that it stops and rapid multiplying of any suspicious cells in the areas having been treated, which reduces the risk of reoccurrence. So although the "tumour" sites may not have gone back to normal size by the end of my radiotherapy, the effects to reduce them will be ongoing. This was completely different to what I understood her to have said last time. I'm still not sure when I will be declared as "in remission" as she thinks it unlikely that I will have a further scan within 3 months of completing radiotherapy because of the longer lasting effects.
Well at least she did not reduce me to tears today and I have a better understanding of the radiotherapy. Obviously the long-term effects will not be evident until a much later stage.
My skin is still looking good, only a very mild pinkness over the area and it does not feel sore at all. It is a relief to get my bra off by late afternoon though!!
Came home to have a routine boiler service this afternoon which revealed problems with my Heat Exchanger that have been caused through Kier making another blunder by leaving the Filling Loop completely open; not really sure what that is, but fortunately I have cover on my boiler policy to have the Heat Exchanger replaced. Sooner or later I would have had water gushing out of the front of the boiler in the kitchen!
The cupboard placed over the boiler did not allow for the front cover to be removed, so had to be dismantled; Phonecall to Kier to report the problem and await repair generated the usual apathy at the Customer Care end, or Customer No Care as they should be called!
I am very grateful to the engineer here still after 2 hours for extending his 20 minute service appointment to repairing the system before it broke down on me!
I would advise anyone think of buying a new home NOT to purchase a Kier home due to the amount of blunders they have made here.
All that coupled with ongoing issues with the sale of the Thorpe house has led to stress levels starting to increase again, so I have to put my Relaxation Techniques to good use so as not to allow the stressful matters to get to me but to let go of them. A good solicitor always help too, who reluctantly I have had to turn to again otherwise that house will never be sold. I think that 2 years is more than long enough to have waited for resolution of the "temporary" financial commitment that I had to make, especially now that my working capacity for the immediate future is uncertain.
Finishing on a positive note, I am thankful that I am getting through the Radiotherapy without too much discomfort and I have a warm house still in which to recover!
Thanks be to God for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment