Beautiful autumn day, walked to church and back for the first time. Lovely service with Holy Communion which helped to prepare myself for the next 3 weeks. Its difficult to let go of all my anxieties and fears about my treatment and the future, but the sunshine and autumn leaves shining through reminded me that God is bigger than all of it.
Sunday roast out and then a walk around the UEA lake with my man helped increase my pedometer reading to 8000 steps today, burn a few calories, strengthen my legs and lift my spirits.
This evening I had a deep soak in the bath for the last time for three weeks as no submerging of area being treated is allowed. Last slather of Champneys moisturising cream afterwards has left my skin feeling soft and gentle. No more deodorant or perfume either, so beware of strange smelling woman around if in the vicinity in the next 3 weeks!
Underwired bras seem to be a no go for lymphatic drainage as well as comfort so its a quick trip to Norwich tomorrow afternoon to buy comfort underwear! I have been reading on the internet about a big link between underwired bras and breast cancer as the lymphatic flow can be obstructed by underwired bras. It could account for a lot of breast cancer diagnoses, therefore something I need to pay attention to with my lymphatic system having been impaired through the lymphoma.
Message for any daughters; do not sleep in underwired bras as this increases the risk further. Going braless appears to be the best option, however not recommended for middle-aged boobs that are already heading south!
No sprouts appearing on head yet but there may be some carrots; seem to have a light aubern colour coming through! I know I was worried about being grey but wasn't expecting ginger! Lets hope its just the light and not the autumnal effects on my hair
No comments:
Post a Comment