Preserve making begun; Bramley apple and mint chutney produced today.
Session 3 radiotherapy went without any hitches and no side-effects yet either.
I had an appointment afterwards with my Radiotherapy Consultant. This is the lady who has carefully spelt out the possibility of the long-term side-effects to me on two precious occasions, only to be reinforced again today. She is the only person who after seeing her I come away feeling more anxious and down about the whole illness. She is a German lady and just says it as it is without softening the blow; I find this difficult to deal with although I know that she only doing her job as she has to and has spent a lot of time carefully planning my treatment down to the last millimtetre.
It seems that the "footprint" area of radiation does extend to my heart and covers an area of lung. These are the areas of concern for the future.
For those of you that believe in prayer, please pray for protection for my heart and lungs as well as the radiation treating what is left of the enlarged lymph nodes. Although the cancer has been reported to be inactive, these areas need to be shrunk completely back to normal size to be in remission. I understand that there are three areas; one in the left side of my neck where the original lump was, the largest one in the middle of my chest cavity and one right next to my heart.
I am struggling at the moment with the emotional side of it and how it may affect my future. I know there are still things that I have to let go of as part of my wholeness and feel I have reached a bend in my journey.
My sister has given me a lovely present to help me get through my radiotherapy days. I have an advent string with 15 pockets. In each one is a daily text and small present; Green and Blacks chocolate to date! The text for today was;
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5
Trusting is difficult on some days but I keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment