Tuesday, 27 November 2012

6 out of 15 radiotherapy sessions done and feeling fine at the moment.

Yesterday was my youngest daughter's birthday and she was 17!! I can clearly remember her first Christmas when only one month old she slept in her Moses basket all day behind the settee in my parents house; I had to wake her to feed her in the chaos of presents and a 2 year and 5 year old sister!
I don't have to wake her to feed her anymore but I still have to wake her sometimes!
We had a lovely quiet evening at home with family and Coronation Chicken as requested.

I did my first Walk for Health yesterday, walking around Sloughbottom Park and a part of Marriots Way. It was only 2.5 miles, but an achievement for me and I totaled 7200 steps that day. My legs are very tired at the end of it and  by evening quite achy, but I feel like I'm getting stronger gradually.
As my radiotherapy is booked in the mornings mostly, I cant do another walk until the week after next, but then hope to do two a week.

Today it is raining heavily again so I think it will be a preserve making day. I am now starting to enjoy having some time at home to do things I would not normally have time to do as I recover and return to normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment