Very pleased with myself today for managing a 20 minute walk at a good pace with no stopping around Roundhouse park, down to Colney Lane, up to the UEA periphery and back through the estate! It was a beautiful sunny autumnal day to be out in the fresh air.
All in all 5230 steps today. Not the most I've done in total, but the most in one walk at a pace.
My legs are finally beginning to feel like they belong to me again.
I will try to do this walk every day unless I have a longer Walk for Health planned.I can increase it to walk around the UEA grounds when I am ready for increasing the distance.
I finished my 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of 1970's toys, cleaned and tidied my bedroom and cooked the evening meal too!
I also had a good prayer and chat time with my lovely Curate who helped put the difficult events of this week into perspective. I love having her live just around the corner as my neighbour, for her friendship and words of wisdom.
My dad got the "all clear" from his Orthopaedic Consultant and is now able to drive again, flex his hip fully and resume all normal activity. I am so thankful that he has made such an excellent recovery after his total hip replacement.
My hot flushes seem to be becoming more of a regular occurrence each day, setting my head on fire temporarily, so no second guessing as to what hormonal delights I am about to enter now! At least I'm unlikely to notice any additional tiredness, or it will seem easy compared to the fatigue I have had from the chemotherapy.
A day of small blessings and progress to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment