The sun has finally come out as I near the end of this journey.
Yesterday I was taken on a surprise trip to Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey! As a Downton fan, I didn't even know that you could visit the place until yesterday. It was a lovely surprise, but not as great a surprise as when my special man proposed to me under the Cedar tree on the bench where all the best conversations seem to take place in the series! He even had the ring ready, which is a beautiful white gold band with three diamonds set in a row. And my answer was yes; this man has proved beyond measure how much he wants to love and cherish me, especially in the middle of dark days.
I have learn t to love and trust in love again through him and we now look forward to planning a Spring wedding as we want to be together as soon as possible. It may not always be an easy path ahead but I know that with what we have had to face in the last five months, we can work through anything together.
 |
| My Downton ring! |
 |
| The famous bench under the Cedar of Lebanon! |
 |
| Downton Abbey in all its glory; what a romantic! |
 |
| Sadly I had to turn these two down! |
The side effects of the radiotherapy are starting to take effect, needing soluble paracetamol before each meal and soft food only and small portions. However, it is all tolerable and my skin seems to be faring well with lashings of Aqueous cream! I have only four sessions left now and that will be the end of my regular hospital trips for treatment and soon I can start living the next chapter of my life as Mrs James!
No comments:
Post a Comment