Friday, 7 December 2012

My journey is completed!

Today I had my last session of radiotherapy and have even brought Darth home with me as a memento; for a short while any way!
I have no visits to the hospital now until the middle of January for a Radiotherapy Review.
I have been warned that my symptoms may peak in about 10 days time before they start to improve but at least I know that its all working as it should be.



So now its time to celebrate, having come through my journey with no complications and enjoy every day for what it brings. Joyful, joyful, sums up completely how I feel right now.
There will be no more "bad hair" days as just to have hair again will be a blessing.
I will be thankful for each day as my strength improves and I can get back to normal life.
I will never complain about exercising again or wish for a duvet day!

I want to thank all of my friends, family and my fiance(!) for the love  and support they have shown me to help me through. I couldn't have got through this without  all their love and prayers.
Little did I know that my journey through unknown territory would lead to being engaged!
I know that I am loved for who I am inside as the outside has been stripped away and I have been loved even more.

I want to thank God for His protection and strength to help me through each day, knowing that He is with me always and at times carrying me on the most difficult days when I had no strength.
I have known His presence in a way I have not felt before now.

I hope that everything that I have experienced will be able to help others in some way, either through my work or through friendships so that it will not have been time wasted.

But now, I have cracked open the tin of Celebration chocolates and look forward to an evening out with my family to celebrate life!
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment